Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Embellishing Black Boots

I have three children.  The oldest two are boys and the youngest is a girl.  We had lots of hand me downs being passed around but as soon as my daughter got old enough to worry a bit about how she looked, all boy to girl hand me downs ceased.  I wish I had come up with the idea my cousin's wife Laura did.  It would have saved me a lot of money and a lot of time looking for the ever elusive girls' boots when we had perfectly good black boys' boots in every size!
The store was out of her daughter's size of girls' boots so Laura added buttons and ribbon thus making her daughter's boots one of a kind.  I asked Laura if I could share this idea on my blog because I think it is a FANTASTIC way to brighten up hand me downs or turn otherwise boring boots into something fabulous!  Maybe even saving a few dollars too!

"Our best thoughts come from others."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment