Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Diamond Afghan

Every Sunday afternoon I watch the Vikings.  Lately, every Sunday afternoon I watch the Vikings while furiously knitting an afghan for my sister and brother-in-laws fist anniversary.  I say furiously knitting, not because I'm frustrated with the Vikings play (although I am) but because my sister and brother in law's anniversary is two weeks away and I am only half way on their afghan.
It's a pattern from this book:
Other fellow knitters and I laugh at the the title "Knit in 10 Hours".  I have put in way more than 10 hours and am half done.  I am a pretty fast knitter too but I do have to eat, take potty breaks and deal with family life!  This is the pattern name and a picture of a completed afghan from the book:
This pattern is listed as having a skill level of "intermediate".  In fact, all of the afghans in this book are listed as "intermediate".  The pattern I chose is all knits and purls but I think what makes it a little harder is you do have to follow a pattern for each row and there are 40 rows in the pattern.  It uses 3 strands of worsted weight yarn at one time.  I am using Plymouth Yarn called Encore Tweed and I expect to use 12 balls.  I hope my sister and brother in law enjoy using it as much as I have enjoyed making it!

“When confronted with a birthday in a week I will remember that a book can be a really good present, too.”  -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End:  Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much


No comments:

Post a Comment