Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Perfect Fall Day at Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts

It was a beautiful Fall day today and I decided to take a walk around our local art center and then check out the Member Only Art Show inside the Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts (located on East River Road in Fridley, MN).  There are walking paths around the center and there are great views of the Mississippi River.  The sun was shining bright; the sky was very blue and there were still a few colorful leaves left of the trees.


 Inside the center, I browsed through the gift shop, getting ideas for some unique Christmas presents.  There are cards, earrings, silk scarves, felt pictures and much more.  Then I walked into the gallery and encountered some wonderfully creative displays of art all done my members of Banfill-Locke.  There are oil and watercolor paintings, charcoal and pencil drawings, photographs, mixed media and pastels.





My children have all taken art classes at the center and I'm hoping to take a class or two myself this winter.  They offer drawing, painting, writing and a host of other classes for all ages.  They have poetry readings and special art festivals.  My children have even had their artwork on display there through their schools.  Check out their website for all of the details:
 www.banfill-locke.org

I had a wonderful day and it reminded me how blessed we are to live in a community that values art and celebrates the artist in all of us!

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."  -Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment