Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birthday Dinner - Psycho Suzi's

My good friend Lisa took me out tonight to celebrate my birthday and my new job.  We went to a place I have been dying to go to and that is Psycho Suzi's in north Minneapolis.  Here's their link:  http://www.psychosuzis.com/

It was fun being there on a week night so I can only imagine how much fun it would be to go on a weekend.  We sat in a booth in the bar area.  It was quiet and cozy (it was also a Tuesday night - I'm sure it's much busier on the weekends).  We knew that they are known for their Tiki drinks so we asked the waitress for recommendations.  We each had a Crummy Scoundrel:  "An absurd blend of amusing flavors and pirate-like fun...but with no pirates. Blackberry, pomegranate, banana, and extra hooch. Comes in a coconut, because there's no coconut flavor.  Logical."




Then we tried the Virgin Sacrifice:  "Everyday a disturbing spectacle of tyranny ensues. A gang of Elvis impersonators entices another virgin with fermented blue nectars, then throws her into the volcano...which is not very romantic.  Served in a mean green tiki with the cherry intact."  Both drinks were mildly sweet, not too strong and came in fun glasses (warning......you have to pay a deposit on the glass until you are done with the drink.  I guess too many patrons have walked off with the cool drinkware.  I know I was tempted with this drink!)



The food was tasty too.  For an appetizer we had the Fried Aspargus:  "Beer battered and deep fried...so it’s really healthy. Served with rock sauce."  The asparagus was still a little crisp and the batter around it was soft but not "mushy".  As Goldilocks would say.....just right!  For entrees, we each had a burger.  Lisa had the Suzi Burger:  "A secret blend of beef, butter, and seasoning, topped with caramelized onion, provolone cheese, and red pepper mayo."  I had the Lowrider:  "Custom blend beef topped with sauteed jalapenos & onions and pepperjack cheese. Served on a grilled sourdough bun."  Both were served with Trans-Am Tator Tots that are to DIE FOR!  I will forever this day forward need to eat my tator tots deep fried!




Psycho Suzi's would be even more fun when the outside patios are open.  They overlook the Mississippi River.  The patios were open tonight but it was a little "brisk" for us.  Can't wait to visit again - warm or cold! 

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw













No comments:

Post a Comment