Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Easy Roasted Chicken

It was a cold, rainy and snowy day.  I love to make a big sit down, belly filling, needing a nap afterwards meal on days like this.  It not only tastes especially good, it makes the house smell wonderful!  So.....I thought I'd put a chicken in the crockpot.
I use a very simple technique/recipe when I do a whole fryer chicken in the crockpot.  I just add an onion, some garlic (two or three cloves) and then a teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
I cooked it on low for 7 hours and then took it out of the crockpot and put it in a roaster (seasonings and juices too) and let it cook in a 350 degree oven for an hour.  It turned golden brown and was so moist.
It practically fell off of the bone.
I strained the juices and made some yummy gravy.

My family thought I slaved for hours and my house had that warm, "homey" smell that greeted each of them when they got home from school/work.  We have enough left over chicken to use in paninis for dinner tomorrow night or to snack on during tonight's Vikings' football game!

"Can you taste the love in it?"  -Annonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment