Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Good Bye Hayes!

Tonight's blog is going to be a little self-serving.  Still about something positive but in a bittersweet kind of way......

Today was my last day as an Emotional Behavioral Disorder Paraprofessional at Hayes Elementary.  I have taken on a new job having nothing to do with school.  I'm returning to the world of computers!

While I am extremely excited about my new venture, I'm sad to be leaving my co-workers and students.    Although the job I am leaving was at times heartbreaking, frustrating, dangerous and exhausting it was also heartwarming, enlightening, fun and exhilerating.

I hope I made a small difference in the lives of the students I worked with....I would like them to know that they have made a big difference in my life.  I am a better mom because of them.  I am more patient and have learned to keep in perspective what is important - that my children always know that their dad and I love them no matter what!

The staff I worked with also made an impact on my life.  They are a creative, wise, fun and smart group of  people.  They are also incredibly supportive and encouraging.  They really helped me take the leap up and onward.

This is a picture of the cake Tina, the teacher I worked for, ordered for me.  The baker who filled the order happens to also be a co-worker....my wonderfully creative friend Retha.  When I heard how much thought went into the cake, it made me cry.  Tina had remember that I LOVED Retha's chocolate cake with raspberry filling.  Retha had remembered my love of spiders (they are good luck charms for me).  Just when I wasn't sure that anyone had listened - I was touched that they had!


So, farewell Hayes friends.  I will think of you often and hope to come and visit.  Know that my office door is always open!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  -Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment