Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Just a little smore!

I love bonfires in the Fall and the smores that inevitably come with a cozy night outdoors in front of a roaring fire.  I was thinking today, why couldn't we have that wonderful smores taste without the bonfire.  Here's what I came up with to the raves of my family!

I started with three simple ingredients:  candy quick, large marshmallows and graham crackers.
I also found some sucker/cake ball sticks.
The first thing I did was to turn the graham crackers into graham cracker crumbs:


Next, I stuck a large marshmallow on a stick:
Once on a stick, I "roasted" it over a medium/low flame on my gas stove top:
When it is golden brown, it's done:
I stuck them all in a piece of styrofoam to hold them upright:
Then I melted the chocolate:
I drizzled the chocolate over the marshmallow:

Next, I sprinkled the graham cracker crumbs over the chocolate:
Here they are! 
With a little baggie and some ribbon, they're ready to give as a little gift or to tuck in a lunch box!


"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"  -Charles Schulz













No comments:

Post a Comment