Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Brownies for Halloween

My daughter and I are in a production of Willy Wonka in December.  My daughter is an Oompa Loompa and I am Grandma Josephine.  Today we had a fundraiser for the performance - a "Candy Extravaganza".  There were lots of games, candy, baskets of goodies, and baked goods.  As I watched the baked goods go out the door, it made me really want to go home and do some baking of my own.

I stopped at the store on the way home and browsed the aisles until I decided on just the right ingredients.  I bought a dark chocolate fudge brownie mix, dark chocolate chips, and white cookie icing.
Here's what I did.....I combined 2 1/4 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, 3/4 of a cup of granulated sugar, 3/4 of a cup of packed light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 eggs and 2 cups of dark chocolate chips.
Once mixed, I pressed the mixture into a greased jelly roll pan.

Then I mixed the dark chocolate brownie mix with 2 eggs, 1/4 of cup of water, 1/2 cup of oil.

I poured the brownie mixture over the top of the cookie dough mixture.
I baked my brownie/cookie mixture in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes - until the brownie mixture was set.
I thought I'd put a little Halloween spin on things and I used the cooking icing to  make little spiderwebs.  I made circles with the icing and then I dragged a toothpick through the circles.  That didn't work too great so then I just drew the spiderweb.  That didn't work too great either.  (Next time I will try white frosting.) 


They still taste wonderful with or without the "spiderwebs"!

"I love being at home and cooking and baking."  -Blake Lively



No comments:

Post a Comment