Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Daughter's Book Marks

My daughter and mom do lots of crafty things together.  Sometimes they're quite complicated projects other times they are simple projects that then my daughter turns around and teaches me.  This is one of those projects.  My mom taught her how to make book marks just by folding paper.  Here's how my daughter taught me.

First you need to start with a piece of paper 5" square.  My mom and daughter used double sided pattern paper.  They also used pinking shears to give the paper pretty edges.
Next, fold the paper in half - corner to corner.
Then fold one corner back toward the center fold.
Fold the right corner down, matching the edges.  Do the same with the left corner.

Tuck the right corner and then the left corner into the inside pocket.

There you have it - a book mark!


A simple project that even a 10 year old could teach her mom!

"The more you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."  -Doctor Seuss








No comments:

Post a Comment