Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 29, 2012

My Newest Music Obsession

Any one who knows me knows that I have a very DIVERSE taste in music.  I like to listen to the music my kids like - mostly top 40.  I listen to jazz while I'm at work.  While making dinner, anything with a Spanish flair will do.

Lately however, one group has occupied all of my listening time.  I have become addicted to Mumford & Sons.  I received their newest CD, "Babel", from my friend Lisa for my birthday.  Her daughter Tessa, gave me an earlier CD of theirs, "Sigh No More", because I liked their newest one so much.  While listening to them, much to my children's embarrassment, I dance around the kitchen when I'm cooking and around the house while I'm cleaning.  I also sing out loud in the car and tap my toes at work to their music.


They are a folksy group from the UK.  Check out their website http://www.mumfordandsons.com/.  Try a snippet of their music on i-tunes.  It's almost impossible to listen to their music without moving to the beat!

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silenced."  -Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment