Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Whipping Cream Biscuits

I love bread and I'm not one to shy away from carbs.  I love to make loaves of bread, biscuits, buns, muffins - you name it, I've probably made it.  One of my favorite biscuit recipes comes from my Aunt Patti and my mom.  These biscuits are good as a side to a meal or as the biscuit in biscuits and gravy (they don't get soggy).  Tonight I made them for my family as a side dish to onion chopped steak with gravy.  I'm surprised I had any left for the meal as my 16 year old son stood over the baking sheet and was popping them in his mouth right out of the oven!

Here are the recipe details.  The ingredients needed are: 2 cups of flour
1 1/3 Tablespoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1/4 cup unsalted butter
1cup + 1 Tablespoon whipping cream
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Combine the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Cut in butter, using a pastry blender (I use a fork), until texture resembles cornmeal.
Add whipping cream and stir until dry ingredients are moist.
Shape into a ball and place on a flat surface dusted with flour.
Knead dough five or six times.
Roll out dough until it is 1/2 inch thick.
Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round biscuit cutter.

Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.

Enjoy!!!

"I love being at home and cooking and baking."  -Blake Lively







No comments:

Post a Comment