Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Great New Pasta!

Yesterday at Harvest Fest, my sister and I bought a few different bags of pasta from The Pasta Man.


These are just four of seventeen kinds of pastas he sells.  I was looking for an easy dinner this evening so I thought I'd give the Inferno Campanelle a try.





On the back of the bag of pasta, there are serving suggestions.  I followed the directions for Buffalo Chicken Pasta.  The only other ingredients it called for were blue cheese dressing, rotisserie chicken and blue cheese crumbles (the recipe also called for buttermilk to thin the dressing into sauce consistency but the brand of blue cheese dressing I like is already really thin).  The pasta is seasoned with Anaheim chili pepers and cayenne peppers so no other seasoning is required.




I boiled the pasta and shredded the chicken.






Then put them together.

And added dressing.




I served the blue cheese crumbles on the side for anyone who wanted more blue cheese flavor.  My kids LOVED this dish!  My daughter liked it so much, she is going to eat it cold for lunch tomorrow at school.  It was easy, fast and so tasty.

The Pasta Man is based out of Chokio, MN.  He makes his flavored pastas out of duram semolina but he also has six pasta flavors in stock made with whole wheat flour.  (He offers the choice of having ANY of the flavors made with whole wheat flour if you contact him.)  Here is his contact information.


I can't wait to try the other pastas we purchased!  It's great having these on hand for those quick and easy meals that everyone loves!

"Pasta doesn't make you fat.  How much pasta you eat makes you fat."  -Giada De Laurentiis


No comments:

Post a Comment