Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Edible Acorns

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  Besides it being the time of my birthday, which I love to embrace each year, it's also the time for fall colors, crisp nights, warm fires, sweet apples, big pumpkins.....I could go on and on.  I also like to make fall inspired treats, desserts and baked goods.  My mom's friend Peg made an adorable edible acorn that I just had to try.  They are easy to make, yummy to eat and so cute to package as little gifts.
Here are the ingredients:  Chocolate Kisses, mini chocolate chips and Nutter Butter Bites


Take the paper off of the Chocolate Kisses and put them and the chocolate chips and Nutter Butter Bites in separate bowls.
In a small bowl, melt about 1/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
Dab a little bit of the chocolate on one of the flat sides of a Nutter Butter Bite.
Press a Chocolate Kiss into the melted chocolate.
Place it on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
Once the Chocolate Kiss adheres to the Nutter Butter Bite, turn it over and use a toothpick to place a drop of the melted chocolate in the middle of the Nutter Butter Bite.
Press a mini chocolate chip into the drop of melted chocolate.
Pretty soon, you'll have a whole cluster of cute little edible acorns!
To package them, I used little plastic treat bags, ribbon, colored paper and brads that hold messages.
 Here they are.....ready to give as treats for friends, neighbors, co-workers.....I even tucked a few in my husband's lunch box!
Thank you Peg for this wonderful fall treat idea!

"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile."  -William Cullen Bryant













No comments:

Post a Comment