Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Hostess Gift

Tomorrow we have been invited to a 4th of July Party.  I wanted to bring a hostess gift and with my recent canning and knitting (pickled asparagus, raspberry/rhubarb jam and a flag hot pad), I had the perfect gift.
All I needed was something to put my goodies in.  I took a trip to Target and in their outdoor section, they had this cute white, plastic herb planter.
With some supplies I already had on hand, burlap, striped napkins and ribbon, I had the perfect wrapping for my gift.
I opened two napkins and put them back to back.  This way, the stripes will show on both sides.
Next I placed the napkins in each one of the pots.
I opened another napkin and placed it on my burlap scrap as a size/shape guide.

Then I prepared the gifts by tying each of them with a festive piece of ribbon.


I wrapped each item in a piece of burlap and tucked it into one of the pots already lined with the striped napkins.

I did the same thing for all three items.
Lastly, I added a little decoration to the base of the pots by using double sided tape and wide blue ribbon.


Here is the finished product.  Can't wait to give it to our host and hostess tomorrow!
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."  -William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment