Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Safety Bags

I am leaving for Paris, France on Thursday afternoon.  I have been planning and packing and packing and planning.  I've also been doing some research online about how to be a safe traveller, especially since I will be with my sister, her 10 year old daughter and my 11 year old daughter.

One of the biggest things I am paranoid about is either falling victim to a pick pocket or having my bag/purse stolen.  A friend of mine, let me borrow a special bag that her mother had gotten her for her trip abroad.  The bag is from PacSafe.
What makes this bag special is that the strap and bag itself has small wires inside of it so it can not be cut by a knife or scissors.  It also is composed of a material that makes it impossible for high tech thieves to obtain information from the micro chip in passports and credit cards.

I thought this bag would be the perfect size for me but I decided to bring my son's camera and it will not fit in the bag.  It will however be a great size for my daughter.  Her little camera and wallet will fit in it perfectly.  I looked on-line for a PacSafe retailer and off to REI I went to see if I could find a larger PacSafe bag for myself.

Although I'm not crazy about the color, I did find one that will be perfect.
It has all of the security as the small bag plus it has an anti-pickpocket clip for the zipper,
and clips that will let me lock it to a chair.
The bag has room for a laptop, a pocket for an umbrella or water bottle, and many compartments on the inside for my wallet, kleenex, my son's camera, our passports and many other things.  I also bought a PacSafe strap for my son's camera.
 It has the same little wires in the strap with special locks to attach it to the camera.  I know that this is probably all a bit of over kill but "better safe than sorry"!

"Safety is as simple as ABC - Always Be Careful."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment