Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Great MN State Park

It's only 7:15pm and my daughter is sound asleep, all tucked in her bed.  She arrived home today after being on a camping trip with a friend and her friend's family.  Before she fell fast asleep, I got a play by of all of the fun and wonderful things she did.

Before she left, I did an internet search on the campground at which they were going to stay - William O'Brien State Park.  After hearing about the park from my daughter and doing a little research on my own about all of the things the State Park had to offer, it's on my list as a place our our family needs to visit.  Here is a link to the Minnesota DNR website  www.dnr.state.mn.us  Once on this website, click on DESTINATIONS on the search bar at the top of the page.  Scroll down to the drop down menu for STATE PARKS and choose William O'Brien and click on GO.  (Pictures below are from the DNR/William O'Brien website.)

This park is located on the banks of the St. Croix River on the Minnesota side.  There is also a lake in the park's boundaries called Lake Alice.

This State Park is only about an hour from the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area.  It has electric and non-electric campsites, showers, modern bathrooms, access to drinking water and camper cabins (which are a step up from tent camping).  I would like to try winter camping and I might be able to ease myself into
it by staying in one of these camper cabins!

They have many miles of trails, park tours and canoe rental.
Be sure to check out the VIRTUAL TOUR/PANORAMIC TOUR on the website.  It gives great views of the park.  I know I will have very little trouble convincing my family that this would be a great place for our next camping trip!

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."  -Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment