Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

ASI - Fika

Today I had a fabulous day with three wonderful women.  A number of blogs ago, I wrote about a book club event I was going to attend at the American Swedish Institute.  Today was that day.  We went early so we could eat lunch at the restaurant Fika, located at the ASI.  We all enjoyed our meals both with their presentation and taste.

My friend Keri had the Fresh cheese dumplings, bitter greens, dill, lemon & trout caviar.
My friend Wendy had the Fried Cod (served with turnip slaw, remoulade, horseradish & herring roe on toast).
My friend Betty and I ordered the Cold cucumber soup topped with smoked halibut and slivered radishes.  (I had really wanted the salmon because it was served with a beet puree - they were out of the salmon but the waitress found a few tablespoons of the beets for me!)

This is the link to the ASI website.  Click on the Fika link at the bottom of the page to check out the extensive menu.  Everything sounds delicious!  www.asimn.org I can't wait to go back and try something else!

"Food is for eating, and good food is to be enjoyed...I think food is, actually, very beautiful in itself."  -Delia Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment