Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 15, 2013

TV on a Hot Day

One of the many duties required for my job is stocking two concession stands.  My full time, year round, paying job is as the Administrative Coordinator for a local Little League.  Concession duty is one of my least favorite responsibilities, especially on days when it's really hot and humid.  But....duty calls so at 7:30am I was at Sam's Club loading up with 20 cases of water, 40 cases of gatorade and a bunch of candy and grilling supplies.  I had to make multiple trips as I was doing this by myself and there is only so much a flat bed cart and a van can hold.  I finally finished unloading the last box of Skittles at 1:30pm.  To say I was exhausted was an understatement.  I felt like I had just spent the last 6 hours in a gym with no air conditioning on one of the hottest days of the year!  Even though I had lots of water to drink, I felt a bit dehydrated and hefting cases upon cases of water and gatorade made my muscles a little shaky.  

I picked my daughter up from tennis camp and came home, took a shower, drank about a gallon of water and parked myself in my oldest son's room (his room is in our basement were it's almost cold; he has a great couch for lounging - just ask his many friends who've spent a night or two on it; and he has a 50" TV).  I usually don't watch a whole lot of TV but today I made an exception and found a channel and website that I am now addicted to.

We don't have cable or satellite TV but we do have some interesting "off-channels" that we receive via antenna.  One of those is The Live Well Network.  It's like the Food Network and HGTV combined into one channel.  They have DIY shows, cooking programs, financial advice programs, exercise how to's, garden and style programs, shows about travel and beauty - just to name a few.

Of course, just watching the programs wasn't enough.  I did an internet search on the Live Well Network TV channel and found all kinds of great ideas for repurposing golf tees and vintage buttons, new recipes for brunch, finding a better blow dryer, and advice for correctly applying eye make up.  The link to the website is livewellnetwork.com  Here are some of my favorites from today's search:

Salted Caramel Frosting
One Minute Manicure
Body Rolling (instead of an expensive massage)
Frugal Wall Art
Uses for Corks
I feel a lot better now that I've had some water to drink, a cool place to rest and some great afternoon TV watching and website browsing!

"I make no secret of the fact that I would rather lie on a sofa than sweep beneath it."  -Shirley Conran

No comments:

Post a Comment