Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Favorite Accessory Store

My sister, niece, daughter and I are going to Paris, France in August.  A couple of months ago, I took a look in my closet and decided that not much in it would be appropriate for this trip.  I have a lot of nice t-shirts, jersey skirts and knit dresses, but none of them seemed really appropriate for the trip.  I wanted to look cute and summery, not dowdy and fat.  I've been struggling with a thyroid condition - and age - and exercising like crazy doesn't seem to make me any smaller.  Healthier maybe, but not smaller.  I have avoided buying any nice clothes because I've been worried that I just don't look good and I've been hoping I'll get smaller.

But.......I finally decided I need to live right now and not worry about my weight.  I need to embrace the size I am now and find things that fit well and make me feel pretty.  It's always good to shop with someone who can help you decide what looks great and what looks looks like a boring, safe choice.  So today I shopped with my sister and her mother-in-law.  My sister is a rock star when it comes to finding deals and she's also relentless in making me try things on that I would never have picked out myself.  I think we had a very successful day!
One of these bags holds goodies from a store that I introduced to my sister.  I too, like to find good deals and Charming Charlie's carries the best deals on accessories at great prices.
The store is arranged by color (they don't allow photographs in the store).  Here is a link to their website  www.charmingcharlie.com  They sell handbags, hair accessories, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, sunglasses, scarves and even a few color coordinated outfits.  Their prices are very reasonable.  I got this set of earrings for only $6.
I also purchased sunglasses,
a necklace earring set,
and matching bracelet and earrings
all for about $40.  Charming Charlie's would be a great place to go if you ever need rhinestone jewelry for a special occasion or a cute summer necklace to go with a plain white t-shirt or a bright pink handbag "just because".  It's my daughter's favorite store.  She always manages to find a few "must haves".  I can't wait to get to Paris and wear all of my "goodies"!

"In order to be impeccable, one must always be different."  Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment