Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cuddly Knit Buddies

I can't wait to start on my new knitting project.  A friend of mine is having a baby soon and I knit her first child a blanket.  I thought about doing that again this time but when I saw this new pattern at my local yarn shop, All About Yarn, I knew that this was the project I would do for her second child.
It's a Skacel Collection Pattern using Caribou yarn.  I will be making the monkey.
The fuzzy yarn is called Caribou and you use it along with another yarn to give it weight.

The face, feet and hands of the monkey is just a single strand of yarn.
When you are done with the monkey, bear or puppy, the yarn is brushed with a hair brush to give it fluffiness.  The more you brush, the more fluffy it becomes.  One of the employees at All About Yarn made the puppy and it was the softest puppy I have ever felt.  (Here is a link to the All About Yarn shop website allaboutyarn.biz.)  Just what a baby/toddler needs as a companion!

"In a world where everyone seems to be larger and louder than yourself, it is very comforting to have a small, quiet companion."  -Peter Gray

1 comment:

  1. That's my favorite yarn shop too! They taught me how to knit. Cute project.

    ReplyDelete