Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sweet Gifts

Today is my daughter's 11th Birthday.  She got a lot of things that she really wanted like a phone, portable DVD player and a very sparkly skirt.  BUT I think the gifts that touched her the most were two very heartfelt gifts.

Last night, at about 10pm, my daughter came rushing into my room and said, "Mom!  We need to call Keri!"  Her daughter had given my daughter a survey earlier in the day that needed to be answered ASAP.  We compromised and sent them a message via Facebook.  Those answers came back to my daughter as a very special gift.  I heard her answer the door when her friend brought the gift - she was so sweet in her gratitude.  She understood the thought and the work that went into making such a personal gift.  Here is the creative gift from a very thoughtful little girl who lives next door.

Favorite color:  purple
  
Favorite animal:  peacock
Such a special gift from such a sweet friend.
The other gift is another homemade treasure from one of my daughter's dear friends.  Given a square of scrapbooking paper her girlfriend crafted a special, one of a kind, piece of art.  The handmade note is priceless.



These gifts and my daughter's reactions to these gifts, were reminders that in this world of "things" the sentimental gifts connect us to others and let us know how much we're loved by those around us.  Pass it on!

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing:  It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."  -Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment