Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Son's Photography

Tonight's blog is a little self serving - I am so proud of my oldest son.  For a little while last night however, he was close to losing his car privileges.  It began with me being really irritated with him.  He left home after work at 9pm to spend time with his friends.  I got a panicked call 15 minutes before curfew saying that he was going to be late......really late.  He was in the middle of a photo session in downtown Minneapolis and lost track of time.  I shouldn't worry because he was with a friend but he needed to take that friend home who just happened to live on the opposite side of the city.  Part of me was so angry but a part of me, the artist part, really understood his predicament.

I know some of you may be skeptical.  He's a teenager so he'll say anything to keep from getting in trouble.  That idea did cross my mind for a fleeting moment.  Then I saw his photographs.  He was definitely caught up in the moment.  Here are some of my favorites.  For those of you not familiar with the Minneapolis, MN area, the city scape is a view of downtown Minneapolis and the Stone Arch Bridge from the east side of the Mississippi River.  The blue lighted bridge is the new Lowry Avenue Bridge over the Mississippi River in North Minneapolis.  The lighted street picture is a view from the Lowry Bridge.





I apologize to those of you who are friends with me on Facebook as this is a duplicate post.  I'm just so darn proud and amazed at my talented son - who will forever be more mindful of the time!

"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."  -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


 

2 comments:

  1. I love how the lights look like stars on the bridge and that photo of Mpls is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll pass your compliments on to my son!

    ReplyDelete