Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cute Occasional Sale Place in Lindstrom, MN

My son always has to be at his baseball games an hour early and when the game is as far away as it was tonight, in Lindstrom, MN, it's not practical to drop him off, go home and come back.  On nights like this, usually I bring a book or my knitting to occupy myself until the game starts.  Tonight my husband was with me and we decided it was way too hot to spend an hour sitting around in the car waiting for the game to begin.  We compromised......we would go to Holiday so he could get a fountain drink and then we would stop at The Picket Fence Gals.  A cute "junk market" like store that we passed on the way to the ball park.

Lucky us, The Picket Fence Gals is only open for occasional sales and we happened to be there on a day they were open.  They had items inside and out.  The store is in a very old, multi-floored house with many, many rooms.  The yard and porches are also full of so many things to browse through.  Here are a few pictures I took on our visit today.
The front porch......
A green house......
 A few main floor rooms......



 A couple upstairs room......

 Love the glass jars with red lids.
I would have liked to stay longer and browse through each corner in every room and dig for treasures in every inch of their outside porches and yard.  But my son's game was soon starting and my husband does not share my affinity for perusing through junk for that one must have item!  Here's a link to the Picket Fence Gals website.  www.picketfencegals.com  The website lists the dates they are open, their address, a few pictures of some of the kinds of things they sell (they no longer had the metal chairs - I would have claimed them had they been there), an ABOUT US tab and also a F.A.Q tab.  Their prices were reasonable and vendors were friendly and helpful.  This is definitely a place I want to go back to - without a baseball game to rush off to and maybe with a girlfriend instead of my husband!

"I collect antiques.  Why?  Because they're beautiful."  -Broderick Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment