Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Great Local Musical

Just a quick blog tonight as it's waaaaayyyyyy past my bedtime and I have to get up very early tomorrow morning.  If you find yourself in the Minneapolis, MN area this weekend or next weekend and you're looking for something fun and inexpensive to do, check out the Fridley Community Theatre's production of Fiddler on the Roof.
It was really well done and there are some very talented actors who live in my community.  (One of those talented actors is my former high school English teacher who happened to be my middle son's Advanced English teacher this past school year.)  I took my 11 year old daughter and we sat with a friend, her two daughters and her mom.  We all really enjoyed ourselves.  Bravo!!

"A fiddler on the roof.  Sounds crazy, no?  But here, in our little village of Anatevka, you might say every one of us is a fiddler on the roof trying to scratch out a pleasant, simple tune without breaking his neck.  It isn't easy.  You may ask, "Why to we stay up there if it's so dangerous?  Well, we stay because Anatevka is our home.  How to we keep our balance?  That I can tell you in one word:  tradition!"  -Tevye


No comments:

Post a Comment