Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baking and Music

Tonight I decided to do some baking for my "boys" that they could enjoy while my daughter and I are gone.  I baked chocolate chip cookie bars,
caramel rolls,
and chocolate cupcakes with homemade chocolate frosting.
I also thawed out a previously made, then frozen coffee cake.
All the while I was baking, I listened to one of my favorite jazz singers who happens to be from Minnesota.
Nancy Harms is from Clara City, MN.  She now makes New York City her home but she does come back to Minnesota for concerts once in a while.  She has a new album that just came out this week titled, Dreams in Apartments.  Here is a link to her website  www.nancyharms.com  On her website, you can view a music video from her new album.  Watch the background of the video......you'll see some landmarks in downtown Minneapolis, MN.  Also on the front page of her website, you can listen to previews of each song on the new album.  My favorite is "Softly as a Morning Sunrise".  Listening to her music always puts me in relaxed, content and happy place.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."  -Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment